Trusses in the Steinigke range
The so-called trussing is used on concert and theater stages as well as in discotheques and in trade fair construction. In most cases, trusses serve as the basic framework for suspending lighting and stage equipment. In event technology, aluminum trusses are generally used; steel trusses are used less frequently.
What is meant by trussing?
Trusses are modular beams that can be used to build the desired structure for an event or for long-term installation. They are very popular among stage builders because they are not only easy to assemble, but also particularly durable. The individual rods are connected via so-called connectors, pins and cotter pins.
Where is a truss system used?
Trussing is used for many different purposes:
- • Trade fair construction
- • Theater
- • Stage construction for concerts and various other events
- • Private parties and corporate events
- • In discos and clubs
What are the types of trusses?
Trusses differ mainly in the number of belt tubes and the metal alloy used. The following product variants are available from us in excellent quality:
- • 1-point truss: The aluminum bars are mostly mounted between trusses, for example, to hang elements like a mirror ball or to stabilize the stage construction in general. At Steinigke, 1-point systems are available as "Decolock" for the construction of a deco truss and as "Singlelock" for intensive permanent use.
- • 2-point truss: 2-point systems are often used for stage trusses in the context of theater technology and serve, for example, as curtain rails or as light trusses for mounting different lamps or spotlights .
- • 3-point truss: The triangular3-point systems are particularly decorative and also have a high load capacity. Among other things, they are therefore often used in trade fair construction.
- • 4-point truss: This variant is by far the most common form of truss. 4-point scaffolding trusses offer the highest stability and are therefore used at many different events and large-scale events.
How stable is trussing?
In general, trussing offers a high degree of stability.
The following applies: The more chord tubes and struts, the more stable. Thus, 4-point trusses have the highest stability, while 1-point trusses are primarily used as connecting pieces.
However, of decisive importance for stability is also an appropriate base plate with a high dead weight and a robust material.
In addition, it is important to follow the manufacturer's specifications when setting up and to adjust the trusses according to the instructions in the respective operating manual.
If the construction is not properly secured and is correspondingly unstable, this can lead to dangerous situations.